Thursday, August 29, 2013

25 Weeks

25 WEEKS!!
 I can't even believe I am that far along. It is going by SO fast. I am actually really surprised with how quickly it is flying by considering I have a TON of down time. But I have learned to keep myself busy and to also enjoy the calm before the storm. I will be plenty busy in three months. Lots has changed since my last update, most specifically the bump, it's basically tripled in size. I am definitely pregnant looking and I finally got asked by my first stranger when I am due. I can feel the weight of the belly and things like putting on my shoes and rolling over have gotten much harder. It's so much fun though all at the same time. I am so glad she is growing big and strong and that I still feel great. We have made progress on baby supplies. I kind of went crazy on baby clothes. Well, kind of crazy, like I went to a thrift store that was having dollar days and stoked up quite a few items because who can say no to dollar baby clothes?! Not I. I also bought a few things from Target when their summer stuff went on sale and then I got two little rompers from Baby Gap that I fell in love with as soon as I found out I was having a girl. They finally went on sale so I snatched them up. :) We decided on a crib and Joe and Colleen bought it for us so we got it set up last night. It's soooo cute. I can't stop looking at it. THANKS AGAIN Joe and Colleen! Then last night my mom ordered our carseat stroller combo thing for us. :) We went with a jogger stroller from Graco and I am so excited to get it. I also found an armoire and dresser off craigslist for stinking cheap. They are both in really amazing condition and cute but I am going to paint the blue on the dresser pink since I am having a girl. So her nursery is actually starting to come together. I still have a lot to do with it but I want to get it done soon so I can focus on getting all my christmas stuff in order before she comes. I don't want to have to worry about a thing after her birth so I am trying to be as productive as possible. I also want to make some freezer meals to eat and finish decorating the house. We are getting closer but still need a few things like bedding and a couple more kitchen chairs. Overall though I am not feeling too entirely stressed about anything. I have a lot of time to get everything done before she comes so no excuses. I am also reading a lot. I finished "Happiest Baby on the Block" and really liked it. I have no idea if it works since I haven't been able to try it out but I liked all the soothing techniques he suggests. I just checked out a few more parenting books and breast feeding books from the library so I am excited to start those. Anyways lets get to the updates. :)

Weight:
I am not entirely sure but at my 23 1/2 week appointment it was right around 10 pounds total. I think I am pretty close to gaining about 1 pound a week so maybe around 12 pounds? I will find out in like 2 weeks when I go in for my first THIRD TRIMESTER appointment! Exciting. :)
Symptoms:
I got my first charley horse in the middle of the night, three of them actually. I am hoping that is not a daily occurrence. I also think I am having a few Braxton hicks lately. I am not entirely sure since this is my first pregnancy but I thought at first it was just her pushing her whole body really hard against me because my whole stomach would get hard but then in my weekly email it said Braxton hicks often start up right around now so maybe I am getting those too. They don't hurt at all I can just feel my stomach get hard and then relax. Very sporadic so I am not worried about them. Little girl is still grooving. Somedays she is WAY active and then other days a little more quiet. Mostly she likes to jam in the mornings as I am waking up and around late afternoon and then a ton right as I am going to sleep. I also think sometimes she wiggles up really high and my rib cage hurts, like it's being stretched out. This is also really rare though so the majority of the time she is just chilling and I feel totally great. :)

Sleep:
Getting harder and harder to roll over haha. I also finally went and bought a body pillow because my hips were hurting from always sleeping on my side. It is heavenly. I still get up to go potty basically every night. I still sleep good though so no complaints there.

Cravings:
Sweets lately. I almost always want a brownie, cookie, or sweet bread after dinner. Most of the time I can kick it with some fruit but other nights I just have to make cookies. Brian takes a lot of baked goods to work because if they are home I can't stop myself from stuffing my face. His co-workers like me.

Clothes:
I can still fit in all my normal clothing. My jeans still fit fine but a few pairs are slightly uncomfortable when I sit down so I usually unbutton them while sitting. I am probably stretching out my shirts but I figure I can either invest money in more maternity clothes that I wear for a few more months or invest money in some new clothes after she is born. I am going with the new clothes after she is born. Here pretty soon though I will probably need a couple shirts that are longer just so I can cover the bump.

We are both still so excited. Brian always talks about how excited he is to meet her and hold her. Things are coming together and it almost makes it more surreal. I still can't believe we are having a baby. I just love her so much. Can't wait to meet you bebe. Mommy and Daddy sure do love you.

PS-just a little gratitude to my husband. He has seriously been the best at taking care of me while pregnant. He never gets frustrated with me when I come home with unnecessary rompers or complains when I ask him to do things for me. I know he is super busy with work and would probably love to relax when he has down time but he is always willing to help me get baby things ready. He also spoils me with foot and back rubs. I just love him so much. He is going to be the best little daddy for our baby.

25 Weeks 1 Day

1 comments:

Annie said...

So fun to hear about your sweet baby! And you look darling! YAYAYAY so exciting!