Thursday, August 22, 2013

Boston!

A couple weekends ago Brian and I headed to Boston for the weekend to go to a Red Sox game. As soon as we found out we were moving to the East Coast we made sure to buy our tickets because they go fast! We decided to go to the Red Sox vs Diamond Backs so we could see our two favorite teams. I cheered for the Red Sox and Brian rooted for the DBacks. Guess who won? ;) We decided to make it a little weekend trip since Brian is working crazy hours and we never get to see each other so it was honestly just the best to have 2 whole days with my boy. All to myself. :) We left early Saturday morning and spent the day walking the Freedom Trail, eating ice cream, and shopping at Quincy Market. Boston is such a beautiful city. I love how clean it is! New Haven is so littered with trash everywhere I had forgotten what a clean sidewalk looked like. I also loved all the historical buildings and just the whole vibe. The only thing I didn't love was the lack of public restrooms. For a pregnant woman who is walking around all day, drinking water, I NEEDED restrooms bad. I almost had an accident a couple times. We survived but I definitely think they need to improve on that. Saturday we got up early and got to Fenway bright and early to get our tickets for the Fenway Tour. We were lucky to get the Special Sunday Tour where they take you down on the field and let you meet Wally. It was so much fun and really informative. While down on the field my Dad wanted me to steal some dirt so I had to keep conspicuously setting down my purse to take a photo and then when I would reach down to grab it I would grab a handful of dirt and hurry and stick it in my sandwich bag. I was so scared I was going to get caught because there was security everywhere but I got my sandwich bag of Fenway dirt for my Dad and basically I'm his favorite child now. :) The game was such a blast. It has such a different vibe than the other MLB games I have gone to. Everyone is such a big fan and everyone really seems to love baseball there so everybody is really on the edge of their seats every play. They also love to heckle the other team and tease so that was fun. It was the best to sing Sweet Caroline and take me to out to the ball game in Fenway park. Such a dream day. I hope we get to go to a couple more games before we move back to the west. Here is some photo overload.

We're all basically best buds now.





You can either be the Democrat donkey or "stand in opposition" with the republican feet. :)




Climbed to the top of this thing. It was totally lame and a waste of  energy. The outside was pretty though. :)















Signing Pesky's Pole

0 comments: