Thursday, November 21, 2013

37 Weeks

Well this week has been a little crazy and I want to write it down before I forget or before she gets here and I don't have time. I need to start by saying that this whole pregnancy I have had really low blood pressure. I was usually around the 109/70 range. A couple weeks ago I went in and it was 120/80. Which was a little high for me but still within the normal range. On Monday I went in and my blood pressure was 140/90. I had a few headaches the week before and I had a tiny, TINY bit of swelling. I had also not gained weight the past couple of weeks so with all of these combined my doctor was a little concerned. So I had some blood work done which came back normal with the exception of a high uric acid, which could be an early sign of preeclampsia. I also got an ultrasound to make sure she was head down and that her heart and lungs looked good. My urine test came back good so really only my blood pressure was concerning. So he told me I had to spend the next two days laying on my left side and come back in Wednesday morning. So I spent the rest of Monday and Tuesday in bed (for the most part, I'm a really bad bed rest patient) and went back in on Wednesday morning to get checked again. Well, it was even higher at 150/90. My doctor obviously didn't like that and so I was sent to the hospital for monitoring. Luckily since Brian works at the hospital he was already there and met me in the waiting room. I was taken up to labor and delivery and set up for lab work and for my blood pressure to be taken every 15 minutes. My first test I was at 166/93 which is really high. Thankfully as Brian talked to me and fed me ;) the blood pressure started going down. It would get low and then spike back up a bit but after about 2 hours of monitoring and normal blood and urine work they decided to discharge me and put me on more bed rest. Basically at this point they said I'm showing early signs of preeclampsia so they just want to be extremely cautious to make sure that if I do develop it they can induce me immediately. I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning for another blood pressure test and same story. If I'm high I go back to the hospital for monitoring. They said it will essentially be like this until I either a. Can't get my blood pressure back down b. blood pressure regulates itself and is fine and I go into labor on my own or c. Start showing other signs of preeclampsia. 


So it's been sort of a whirlwind of a week. I feel totally fine besides being tired so it's hard to just lay in bed all day. Especially when the nesting urge is so strong. I've never wanted to scrub my house from top to bottom more than I do now! Plus I totally wanted to decorate for Christmas before she came but now I'm not sure we will be able to. Brian is doing all he can to take care of me. Thankfully his rotation he is on this month is a bit easier time wise. Now if only we could have them ease up on the projects!! So he is still busy but really supportive and helpful. My nurse said she would be shocked if Cora made it to her due date since my body is just not seeming to love these past few weeks of pregnancy. So we will see. Prayers for a healthy baby girl and relatively uncomplicated delivery would be greatly appreciated! I will try and keep everyone updated on what happens this weekend. I'm just so grateful I didn't start having problems until now. I can at least rest easy knowing that if I do have to be induced she is full term. Love you baby girl.

 Getting monitored. Cora was crazy active during this time. I'm not sure what she thought of all these straps across my belly. 

How a pregnant lady on bed rest grocery shops. 😊 My doctor specially said no grocery shopping because its too much walking. So I just didn't walk, I rode. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up on people of Walmart. I also got a lot of confused stares but I've gotten used to those. I don't know why people always seem to stare at a pregnant belly like they have never seen one before. 

3 comments:

Rachel Coons said...

My friend got pre-clampsia at week 27 and ended up delivering the next day to a completely healthy baby! Good luck with everything...so excited for you and Brian!!!!!

Rachel Coons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I wish you the best for delivery and these last few weeks of pregnancy! I hope everything goes well! did you know marissa campbell when we were at raintree? she just had a baby girl last week named Cora--cute name :)