Monday, April 7, 2014

Cora- 4 Months

Cora Bear,

You deserve a pony, or something big and fluffy and fabulous. You were a champ this month and I really put you to the test. You went on your first big trip, and BIG it was. We flew from Hartford to AZ for your blessing and then drove to Monticello, then from Monticello to Richfield, then back to Monticello, and then back to AZ, and then flew back to CT! It was over 26 hours of road tripping, over 10 hours of flying, 3 nights in a hotel, 3 spring training games, 3 days of basketball tournament, and a whole lot of new people. You were an absolute gem and didn't cry once on either the plane or in the car. I literally can't even believe it! How did I get so lucky with you?!



In Arizona your Daddy gave you the sweetest blessing surrounded by friend and family we love at Nana and Papa's house. His blessing to  you was so sweet and tender I want to write down a few of things he blessed you with to always remember. He blessed you to know how much we all love you, to be a light of hope to others, to have a love of learning and to become educated, to love the earth and appreciate it's beauty, to be a valiant follower of Jesus Christ, to have a love of serving others, to have passion in all that you do and especially the passion to love other people, and to have a love of exploring. It was perfect and everything I could want for you. It was such an amazing experience to have your Dad hold you in his arms surrounded by men who LOVE you so much and to hear all these wonderful blessings that can come to you. It was surreal and emotional and I'll never forget it. Your Dad loves you SO much. He has become a little bit of a cry baby when it comes to you and I LOVE it. I didn't think I could love him more and then we had you and I fell in love with him in so many new and different ways.

We had so much fun visiting all of our family and were so lucky to have them all be able to meet you. You met all your grandparents, great grandparents, almost all your cousins, almost all your aunts and uncles, and a whole bunch of family friends. Everyone fell in love with you and you weren't set down the whole 3 weeks I think. We were lucky to watch Uncle Easton open up his mission call to Quito, Ecuador and I am so glad he got to meet you before he leaves to serve for the next 2 years. We had so much fun and can't wait to move closer to family. I am sure you will love all the extra attention and not having to look at my mug all day every day.

You giggled for the first time this month. Oh my, it might be the greatest sound of all time. I cried of course because it was perfect. I think you were deliriously tired at 11 pm and just all the sudden let loose and let those giggle fly. After that night you haven't really giggled much. We are working on it though. You clogged tear duct finally cleared up!! Finally no more goopy eye. It keeps getting warmer so we keep spending more time outside and its been fun to show it all to you. You laid in the grass for the first time in Arizona and loved it. Dad also took you swimming for the first time in AZ. It wasn't very warm that day and VERY windy so you basically screamed the whole time but he wanted to be the first one to take you. I think this summer you will like it a lot more!

Once again the months just keep getting better. Month 4 was amazing. You slept more during the night, you are happy during the days and always a champ about going places. You no longer are on medicine for acid reflex and seem to just be happy and healthy. We went to your 4 month doctors appointment and you had to get 3 more shots. You handled them like a champ and had no side effects at all. You weighed 12 lbs 4 oz (33%) and was inches long (47%) for height. So you are tiny but healthy. You are a little heart murmur so you have to go see a cardiologist soon to get that checked. I'm not too worried though since they are quite common.

Well baby girl, I can't imagine life without you. I live for your smiles. I love watching you play. I love watching you learn something new. I love your babbles. I love the way you eat your hands constantly. I love the way you droooool all the time and all your shirts are soaked. I love how happy and chill you are. I love our night nursing when you just cuddle up to me when you are all finished. I love how when you wake up in the mornings you seem so happy to see me. You are the greatest. We are infatuated with everything you do. I can't wait for so many more adventures with you. I love you hambone.











































1 comments:

Jessalyn said...

Your posts are always the sweetest and make me want to cry. I'm so glad I got to meet Cora and see you guys down here! She's a total gem:)