Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cora- 2 Months

Oh my little Cora bear, how I adore you. Month 2 has been the best yet. I feel like I might feel that way every single month because I just love you more and more each day. You are seriously such a fun little buddy to hang out with every day. I never get tired of your snuggles or the way you smell or your smiles. This month was amazing! We finally got this breastfeeding thing down and you are substantially faster and its basically pain free at this point. It took us awhile and it was a fight sometimes but I think we finally have it down. I have nursed you in the mall, at a restaurant, in Costco, at book club, so its safe to say I think I am finally feeling confident enough at it to do it in public. :) We have to get really good for that plane trip to Phoenix next month!!!

Eyelashes 

Hated wearing your fancy dress on your first day of church. 



This month you have also learned to smile. Oh my gosh. It is literally the cutest thing I have ever seen. All those sleepless nights were seriously forgotten the first time you flashed me that little gummy grin. I honestly love that 5/6am wake up call when you give me the biggest grins when you see me. I feel like the most amazing/luckiest person in the world. I love that you are recognizing me and Daddy. You always get so excited when Dad comes home. You are so smiley as soon as you see him and just have grins for him the rest of the evening. I love to see you two together. He adores you more than you will ever know. You still haven't quite figured out a schedule you like yet. As soon as I think we have you on a pretty good schedule you decide to change it up on me. So right now you eat about every 2-3 hours during the day and go about every 4 hours during the night. There has been a few nights where you have slept 5, 6, and even 7 hours in a row. Oh my. That is glorious. I am a much more fun mom when I have a little extra sleep in me. You know, just for a heads up ;). You have fallen in love with bath time. It instantly calms you down if you are tired and fussy and you just kick and kick away. I love watching you splash and smile. I give you a bath most nights just because you love it so much. I am hoping to take you swimming in AZ if we can find a heated pool warm enough. I think you would love having your body submerged. I have already tried your swimming suits on you.




Meeting Nana!!!! You loved her. 


You were able to meet your Nana this month as well! You loved her. You were always so smiley in the mornings for her as she watched you while I slept a bit longer. :) Dad and I also did our first big day away from you while she was here. We went to New York to see Wicked and you stayed home and hung out with Nana. You did great and were so well  behaved. I'm sure she loved giving you extra snuggles all day without me stealing you away to feed every 2 hours. Pumping in New York was a bit of challenge but I managed to pump in my seat during the intermission of Wicked. It was hilarious to have to carry around my little bottles of milk in a cooler all over Time Square. I really felt like a mom.

This month has also been great for you little digestive issues. You were so sad a lot of the time during your first month because of reflux and gas. Now with medicine and just a more mature digestive system those gas bubbles don't bother you at all. You have also stopped pooping on a daily basis. I guess its normal in breastfed babies so I'm not complaining. Although you have gone 4 times today so who knows what tomorrow will be like. Always keeping us on our toes.




Right before the screaming. 



You absolutely hate tummy time. I have to do about 5 different positions for about a minute each just to try and get in a little tummy time. Luckily the doctor said you have excellent head control. You do have a tiny little flat spot on your head though. Thankfully we figured out that it was that you laid on that side of your head every night so you could see me when you were falling asleep. So we turned the bassinet around and you are laying on the other side now so hopefully we can get that more rounded out. :)
Little swimsuit model



We are getting better at going outside of the house. I wish it was warmer so we could explore more! I did take you to the park one day when it was 50 degrees and took you on the slide. You slept through the entire adventure. :( I'm sure the next time we go you will love the slide. I am so excited to show you everything this awesome world has to offer. I feel bad that we are cooped up inside most of the time so I am really excited for spring when we can get out and explore more. Right now the mall and friends houses are basically all the adventure we can do. You are so easy to pack around though. You love riding in the car and are always just so content looking around. You are soothed super easily with a binky so I can calm you down anytime you get fussy. Strangers love to talk to you and ooh and awe over you. They all comment on how tiny you are. Which makes me a little happy since I feel like you are getting so big. Your little thigh rolls have tripled since birth!



We went to your 2 month appointment and had to get your shots. :( It was so sad but you were such a trooper and calmed down really fast. I nursed you right after which put you right to sleep. You slept most of the day and a ton that night so it really wore you out. I let you sleep in my bed with me during your afternoon nap that day. You always love the extra snuggles. You are 9 lbs 15 oz and 22 1/8 inches. You are an average sized little gal. I believe it was 47% for weight and 63% for length and 67% for head. Very balanced and normal. You are super healthy and meeting every milestone perfect. It makes me very glad.


Cora bear, I love you so much. You are just the best little buddy. I really do love spending all day, every day with you. You get so much loves all the time. Sometimes I think you feel a little smothered but just remember your siblings probably won't be as lucky since you will be keeping our hands full as a toddler. Thank you for being such a sweetheart. I love you and your smiles, and kicks, and sad face, and thigh rolls, and chubby cheeks more than you know. Happy 2 months baby girl.


Stats
9lbs 15 oz
22 1/8 inch
Loves-Bathtime, looking outside, walking around stores, when Dad comes home, and Mom first thing in the morning. 

Hates-Tummy time and when Mom makes you stop and burp during a feeding. 





0 comments: