Monday, July 14, 2014

7 months!

I am so far behind I can barely remember what we did this past month! This summer has been full of lazy mornings, beach trips, new adventures, and good food. It's been so much fun having you here during the summertime. You are the happiest when you are outside so we are outside…  A LOT! We go swimming in our backyard in your plastic little pool at least 3 times a week. The water is freezing but you never seem to mind. You just splash and play until the sun is about to set and then we bundle you on up and put you to bed. Happy as a clam.






You also absolutely love the beach. You always want to be playing with the sand… or eating it. The first time in the ocean took you awhile to warm up to it. It is cold and loud so I think you were a little scared. We set on the edge and let the waves roll up onto our laps until you were ready to go in. Once you were in you loved it though. Lots of splashing and giggles and smiles. We have gone back a few times since then and you have no problem getting in the water now. I love that the beach is only 15 minutes away so we can go just about anytime. It's the best to see you in your little swimsuit eating sand and staring at the seagulls.




We celebrated dad's first fathers day! We busted out the fingerprints and you created your first masterpieces for your dad and grandpas. You loved it. It was so incredibly messy but Dad loved it! It it hanging in his office at work. We are so lucky to have such an amazing guy in our lives. You always do this huge smile and squirm and kick whenever Dad comes home from work. It is adorable.







You have finally decided that food is actually pretty good. You went from 0-60 with it. You can't get enough of it. You eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and sometimes even want snacks. You have actually sort of fallen out of love with your bottle. You would rather just eat real food. We recently gave you yogurt and I think that might be your favorite. You down 5 oz of yogurt like no big deal. I'm surprised because in general you prefer vegetables over fruit. I tasted your special baby yogurt though and it isn't that sweet so I think that might be why you like it.




Seeing you grow up is exciting and heartbreaking at the same time. You are growing up so fast and I feel like you are going to be a toddler before I know it. It is so much fun to see you learn new things and have your personality come out more and more but it is also really hard feeling like my baby is growing up. I just want you to always fit in my arms, and to always have that adorable gummy smile, and I want to be able to kiss that bald head forever. I absolutely love having you as my baby, darling. I know I will absolutely love having you as my toddler too but for now lets just slow down and snuggle a little more.













I love you,
Mom

0 comments: